1. Beat the egg yolks with half the sugar until it becomes foamy.
2. Open the vanilla beans and empty them.
3. Boil the milk with the remaining sugar & vanilla and leave them for 15 minutes.
4. Again, heat the milk over low heat and slowly add the yolk mixture until it gets thicker, stir without boiling.
5. Remove it from the heat and add the whipping cream.
6. Pour the mixture into individual molds then into a bowl of cold water to cool quickly.
7. Put the mixture in the freezer at least for 3 hours; check it every 20 minutes, so it does not crystallize.
8. For serving, get small cups and put a layer of Hero jam then a layer of the milk mixture then another layer of Hero jam. Whipping cream on top can be added for decoration. You can do it with different jam types.
What is needed?
125g Whipping Cream
6 Egg Yolks
2 Vanilla Beans
250g of Candied Apricots
Hero Apricot Jam