This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to use our site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem on our site.
- Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including where available your Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, operating system and platform, browser type and version, time zone setting, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They allow us to distinguish you from other users, which helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to our site
It is Hero's policy NOT to make our mailing list available to any other external parties and we promise never to disclose personal information about you and your family. We would only pass on your email address to external parties if we received specific permission to do so from you. However, we may disclose your personal information and email address:
- To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Hero or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
The only emails you will receive from us are a single registration confirmation plus our newsletter. We may also very occasionally contact you with an important piece of news about the site but we recognize that you don't want your mailbox clogged up and we would keep contact to a minimum. We may also very occasionally send you additional news or offers in the post, but this would be kept to a minimum (only once a year at the most).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.